AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Following cattle markets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Alberta Pioneer
Posted 10/18/2016 11:09 (#5587967)
Subject: Following cattle markets

Warburg, AB
Don't have my lease cows next year because the leaser/landlord doesn't understand how a lease works, still having mixed feelings about the outcome. I have certain financial goals that are potentially eating up the cash from this year's calf crop, however I'm hoping I can restructure some debt and that not be an issue.

Looking to spend some money on iron and cows (and land if the bank is brave/confident in my plan), I'm comfortable playing the Puff game (don't worry Puff, I don't think you're playing around, I quite value the info you share and the experiences you are having), however I only want to do that with approx. half my cow numbers.

Looking to follow some trends/markets, don't need to predict exactly where things are going but wouldn't mind having more confidence than the average cow guy. Besides lower, where are things headed in 3-5 years? I'm still in the game currently, and have a reasonable idea of where my feed costs will be for next year. Any resources that I can learn from for cattle marketing?

Comfortable with the money I want to spend on iron, may have to change up how I wanted to put up feed but sometimes cheap feed is better than the best feed. I'm confident I can weather it out as I'm out to build equity rather than cash, however I don't want it all to be in vain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)