AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Silver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/6/2016 13:51 (#5567369 - in reply to #5567138)
Subject: RE: Silver in the news

Pittsburg, Kansas

I really don't know what it means short term. If it was just day to day manipulation probably not much. They likely were just skimming by manipulating the market on option expiration days or something like that.

It does not answer any long term manipulation scheme if there ever was one. I think there was one at least to the effect the government metered the silver coin surplus they had when demonetizing the silver coins and replacing them with pot metal. But that stockpile is now essentially gone or in private hands. So even if it was a price controlling manipulation it would be pretty much over now because they are out of silver.

My best guess is "not much". In the scheme of things they were probably like petty thieves that steal change off the table when left unwatched. Of course in their case "change" would be more measured in the millions of dollars, but in the scheme of things and the amount traded daily not much.

As a long term investor I don't use stops or anything like that. Stops are just something for the big boys to run to get you out of the game so you will get right back in. Back to the stealing change off the table analogy.

John

Edited by John Burns 10/6/2016 14:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)