AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the earcorn grind continues,400bu loads
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 10/4/2016 15:25 (#5563639 - in reply to #5563272)
Subject: RE: the earcorn grind continues,400bu loads

western iowa,by Denison
carlsoncl - 10/4/2016 10:23

At eight mph.....I'm guessing you've swapped the sprockets around on your head and your gearbox is on rabbit. 5.5-6 was as hard as I'd dare push my 6650 with a 6rn. Question for you Garvo, max RPM on mine with out load is 2240........I try to not ever let the rpm get pulled down below 2150. I always see your rpm is around 1850.....mine really growls if I get below 2050. Are you pushing it that hard?

max rpm is 2250-ithas more power at 1900 rpm-which in corn silage is where I run-it will pull to 1800 then open up and burn 38-39 gallon hour-with earlage I run 1800-1850-in good earcorn pushing 8mph up hill it will use 30 gal a hour-it is designed to be more efficient at 1800-it is a lot quieter in the cab and the motor gets stale if I run wide open or do not push it hard at least 1/2 the time-we run wide open when opening fields to blow farther-otherwise in really dry corn I have run at 1600 rpm-which puts the cuttr around 875 rpm- completely different animal to run as the motor puts out 800+hp
The pro drive is the name for the transmission-it has no gears to switch in cab-a little electric button for field or road-goes 12-14 in field and 26 in road gear-just a hyd lever for forward or reverse
There is no limit on earlage-it plays with 8 row earlage-we ran 9mph today for a long time in good going-there is a two speed for the head in the cab-we run on the fast side and can speed up or slow down feed rolls-there is length of cut that comes up on the screen-when we went to the new style ear plate we picked up 4 mph-its a belt drive koomia plate
there is also a automatic button to control ground speed and rpm that sense's the load-I have used in in corn silage-we you come to the end it lowers rpm and speeds up mph-it is a little more fuel efficient but it is hard to get use to

Edited by garvo 10/4/2016 15:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)