AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wanna be bullish but...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 10/1/2016 11:45 (#5558360)
Subject: I wanna be bullish but...

The reports yesterday.. frankly were not a surprise.. I kind of thunked they would bump the corn crop from 2015 but no.. okay.

I want to be bullish but... dang insurance price setting needs to wait.. so sitting on info for now..  lots of acres.. but yields are down on the corn.. sorghum fields some will not be harvestable this fall..  on average spraying for the sugar cane aphid.. one guy said "every 8 days.."  ugly!!

Kansas is shipping beau coup shuttles of corn from terminals.. dangest thing I've ever seen.. Corn gets MORE expensive as you move EAST.. "say what?!?"

Nationwide at.. what 15% harvested??  vs Kansas.. well we are done.. in the area.. maybe 67% done.. state wide.. maybe..??  50%.. too wet to my east.. too big a crop to my west..

surprisingly.. some elevators are gonna take in LESS corn this year vs last year...???  but still full of wheat.. etc.

Things are moving.. slowly.. but moving.

There's more wheat being fed then the market thinks.. maybe not much more.. but there is.. do we export the corn and feed the wheat..???

2 hour truck lines at the terminals.. they are plugged.. and the priority is corn...???  CRAZY year...  but we got the rest of the winter to get it sorted out..   we're gonna get it tucked away.. it's only October.. afterall...

Like I said some Sorghum fields will not be harvested... UGLY UGLY UGLY..  I don't know what they are gonna do with that...???

remember.. corn's gonna go down some more till insurance price is set... (fingers crossed...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)