AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brake failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 9/26/2016 22:19 (#5550902 - in reply to #5550188)
Subject: RE: Brake failure

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
How? That looks pretty flat to me. I've seen lots of brake issues on trucks, what could keep the trailer brakes, and the truck brakes from working at all at the same time?

Even some worn out, crappy brakes on just the truck, or trailer, if something happened to the others should have been able to get that rig slowed down. Loaded or not. Unless someone hid a mountain range there I'm not seeing.

Drivers get into trouble on those passes with miles of several % grades. It happens. Younger guy who's been hauling out of here stuffed a truck into the runaway truck lane just last week. He needed a hook to get back out, but the truck is fine. But that was on Donner Pass. Another guy got his brakes pretty hot on a pass just south of here that drops 1500' really fast, he'd have been able to ride it out with the jakes slowing him down, but there was a construction job at the bottom stopping all the cars. He had to take the ditch, totaled that truck. I bet they are both real careful from here on out about going slow enough the jakes can hold it back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)