AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lynx winter peas, sunn hemp, no-till soybeans and pumpkins (lots of pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dyager111
Posted 9/25/2016 10:15 (#5547865 - in reply to #5547082)
Subject: RE: Lynx winter peas, sunn hemp, no-till soybeans and pumpkins (lots of pics)

Virginia
I planted the Lynx peas last year the first week of October. Was late planting due to lack of moisture prior to that planting date. We did receive sufficient rainfall after planting and a unusually warm and extended Fall, and the peas were able to grow until first week of January. They averaged around 6" in height by then and was more leafy and a lot more tendrils than the Austrians.

They were then grazed off to the extent there was no visible remains of peas anywhere followed by single digit temps and daytime highs below freezing for several days. The soil was very saturated through February and I was fairly certain the peas were done for but after a fairly mild and dry March the peas started growing again and I ended up with the nicest crop of peas I've ever grown over Winter.

They were broadcast planted with 50 lb/a triticale with plans of cutting and baling in early May. Due to excessive rainfall, the harvest date got pushed into late May and the peas were still growing and white with flower and roughly the same height as the triticale.
The odd thing is, my seed dealer told me the only positive feedback he had received about the Lynx peas was mine, lol. I am planting some tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)