AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it necessary to have encrytions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hillbilly Techie
Posted 9/16/2016 22:49 (#5533274 - in reply to #5532274)
Subject: RE: Is it necessary to have encrytions?

First off I wouldn't have paid that amount, where will this company be in ten years? Matter of fact I use only free antivirus software, primarily Windows Defender, a Trojan is malware as is a virus, not sure there's a difference... They are very easy to remove, I've removed lots of them. But to make a long story short, if you have a good backup plan in place, and your online activity stay away from the dark places you don't need that extra protection, I laid out my backup plan in a reply here yesterday

Edit: here's the link to it.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=657449&mid=553...

if you implement something similar you'll be able to recover from similar cases pretty easily..

Edit: didn't answer your encryption question! That all depends, if you use like a laptop in public places where it could be stolen, and/or you have sensitive data, then yes it would help, but you would need to make sure you have passwords in place like at login and such, otherwise your encryption is worthless, like Windows bit defender is encryption built into Windows, so if someone steals your laptop and deletes the password, they won't be able to open your encrypted data until they figure out your original password, set it up and login with it, but if you don't have a password set up, we all know the answer to that:)

Edited by Hillbilly Techie 9/16/2016 23:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)