AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worms are thick
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nekfarmer
Posted 8/25/2016 08:49 (#5489090 - in reply to #5489029)
Subject: RE: Worms are thick

NE KS
bviator - 8/25/2016 08:14

Great points and understand perfectly. Perhaps you may want to find a completely independent agronomist? Don't know how many are in your area.

Complete separation from sales sure does make for more trustworthy advice.

There are a few, but our seed rep for area is pretty good on giving advice. He's young, but has been in the game for 10 years or so and give pretty down to earth answers. He title isn't a "crop consultant" but I do trust his opinions. His answers don't always involve spending more money. He travels a pretty wide area so he is able to give opinions on what's a "here" thing, isn't going to make a lot of difference, or we need act right now.

My dad has been farming for going on 50+ years. He's never spent an extra penny on a crop. Never put on a fungicide, insecticide, micro's, lime, or anything other than some P&K on beans and corn along with N. He's always raised some of the better crops around( I custom farm 3 acres plus our own), maybe not the top of the county but I would bet he's one of the top guys in the county when it comes to profit per acre. Every time I've spent extra money he tells me I'm crazy and it won't make any difference. Most years he's right, hard to admit. He's always preached its not all about the yield, its about profit and I don't think many live by that in today's world.

Sorry for the rant but I didn't want to come off an ass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)