AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UAS Field Day Hillsboro North Dakota
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

satman
Posted 8/24/2016 10:30 (#5487188 - in reply to #5485275)
Subject: RE: UAS Field Day Hillsboro North Dakota

Langdon, ND
There was one major problem before from what I heard with this type of drone testing. They did fly 40,000+ acres but most of the data was useless since NDSU stated that they would get the growers permission for others to look at the data. This being said they only could actually use maybe a couple thousand acres to look at since the task of getting permission for the hundred of growers that would have been under that drone provided too much of a challenge. I'm sure most growers would say they are in the right but the issue is there is no legal precedence stated that was needed. The only area I could see that being a issue is because NDSU a state funded institution was involved. Either way my point is at the end of the day if people want UAVs to be a part of the solution they need to ease up on the thoughts that someone is trespassing when it already happens all the time. Do you have a picture of your farm on the wall? It is the same thing.

Now not meaning to be a Debbie Downer but a drone like that is really the key for scalability and actual use of the data for most when it comes to very high resolution and constant imaging. For that to happen, which it should, ever grower needs to understand the reality of what it takes to accomplish these types of endeavors. There can be a fine line in some instances with smaller drones flying around a farm or near your house but that will rarely happen. In this case more openness is a necessity and I hope others can see that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)