AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dish dvr to I-pad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/22/2016 07:41 (#5483028 - in reply to #5482562)
Subject: RE: Dish dvr to I-pad

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mnsidehill - 8/21/2016 20:25

Don't have the hopper. With the dish everywhere it uses data on the verizon plan.

I just got the Hopper a couple of weeks ago. By using the Dish Anywhere App on the iPhone and iPad, the iDevices can be used as a remote as far as controlling the Hopper for channels etc. AND watch the programs on the iDevice. Actually in some ways I prefer the App over the "real" remote. My Hopper is connected to my home WiFi. I can watch live programs and/or programs that I have previously recorded at home. I believe I could also transfer a copy of something that I have recorded at home to the iDevice so it could be watched without an internet connection. I have not tried that yet.

At home the iDevices work over my WiFi anywhere within in the house. Away from home, I can watch anything that I could at home through the App as long as I have an internet connection. Just this last weekend, I watched some local news this way while I was out of reach of the local station that I normally watch. The WiFi at the lodge was probably overloaded since the place was full so the news was a bit choppy but it did work. I did get a warning that I was going to "go over" on my Verizon data plan but I thought that was due to using Maps without an internet connection quite a bit through the weekend and being close to my rollover date.

My iPhone is getting used more and more as a general purpose device. The fact that I can talk on it isn't used percentage wise nearly as much as it did at first. With the GarageMate system and App, the Hopper system and App and others, it is turning into a remote that is used quite a bit.

Edited by tedbear 8/22/2016 07:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)