AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bulls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 8/1/2016 11:09 (#5444334 - in reply to #5444279)
Subject: RE: T rock, I beg to differ.....

Montana
What are Called Montana Residents do stand to get a lot of Government payments, Max Baucus was Senate appropriations Chairman and he set up what I know to be a very unfair plan for payments in the event of very low wheat prices.

Montana has 1.5 million acres that are called "underseeded" These are acres that have been cropped and have an established Base. Most of the Bases were wheat or Barley and some are Oats. I had all three on this ranch.

Many of the farms or ranches in Montana have been put into CRP or purchased by wealthy people who no longer farm. A huge number of the owners of land and Base, no longer have machinery and a large number of them are not even full time residents of Montana.

When the ARC and PLC programs came to be the new program, there were some of us that had increased our cropping, bought very nice efficient machinery and were cropping as much as double the acres that were considered our historic base.

We bought crop insurance and our farming activities were very favorable for Grain Elevators, Truckers , Machinery Dealers and local Businesses. The more money we made the more money we spent. We who farm and ranch and buy machinery and parts, are very good for the economy.

Max made it so that many who call themselves Montanans, will get low price payments for a wheat base. Some have not raised wheat for as long as thirty years. Those of us who were farming more, may have two thousand acres of crop yet we only are allowed our old historic base of 1000 acres.

I can see that Max and the others who created the new farm program, were not friendly to the active crop producers like me,. They are all about getting federal money shoved to their friends.

I would like to see all government programs stopped for everyone including free insurance to Congress and Senate
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)