AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Should I consider this Hesston stackhand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

aussiebagger
Posted 7/27/2016 19:41 (#5435885)
Subject: Should I consider this Hesston stackhand?

Adelaide Hills, South Australia

I haven't ever seen one of these work. Can anyone tell me about the system and the stack mover. What distance can they be transported efficiently? How quickly can a stack be made? How much hay in a stack? What size is the stack and what are the dimensions of the machines?We need to keep our costs as low as we can so do these Stackhands work out cheaply? Could I pick up parts of the stacks with a grapple bucket and load into a silage wagon to feed out the hay? The freight on this could almost double the purchase price I think as it is a long way from home.

We are getting back into dairy. Our cows graze all year round on dryland and irrigated pastures. We conserve the excess grass in spring as dry hay in round or medium square bales or haylage in wrapped rounds or chop it and bag most of it. We do everything ourselves with older tractors and machines (10 years+) that all work well and have plenty of life left in them. I do almost all repairs as I am a fitter and turner and have a good workshop with lathes, mills, drills, grinders, welders etc. I make or modify parts to repair machines and also improve them if I can. I enjoy working with machines and good systems even if they are a little out of the ordinary for our area.

I found this post
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9879&DisplayType=nested
TIA

Reason for edit: forgot to post this link to the actual machine

Machine I saw advertised:
http://www.tradefarmmachinery.com.au/detail/hesston-fodder-storage-system-383227

Edited by aussiebagger 7/27/2016 19:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)