AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

another A/C question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 7/26/2016 08:15 (#5433046)
Subject: another A/C question

Manitoba
I'm rather new to the A/C repair business and I'm trying to help Dad out with his RV as he wants to use it tomorrow. I charged up the unit up top yesterday with R22A and it working so that's one positive. But I'm not having any success with the vehicle AC. It has a sight glass and when I have the RV running and AC on I see lots of bubbles going past the sight glass which I have been told is one indicator of low charge. Compressor Clutch is working whenever AC is on. But I have no pressure on the low side. When I hook up to a gauge there is no pressure initially, when I try to add a can of R12A and open it up pressure climbs on the gauge as it should but when I start the engine and start the AC it will not draw the pressure down. after the initial opening of the can of R12A I shut the can again and the pressure in the line is not drawn down even though the compressor is running. is there something that is not allowing the compressor to start the process of pulling in the coolant? tivihe clutch is engaged and lots of activity in the sight glass has me thinking the compressor is working.

guy we usually use to fix this stuff is not available before tomorrow so thought I'd ask here. thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)