AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why cant I use 2 or 3 GPA in ground rig?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/26/2016 16:18 (#5433685 - in reply to #5432246)
Subject: RE: Why cant I use 2 or 3 GPA in ground rig?

Thumb of Michigan
dutch - 7/25/2016 20:14

We do a lot of 3 gpa work but not when it comes to fungicides. We use the required amount of volume on them as per label.
We do a lot of burn down at 3 gpa and it works fine. And I can get some country covered as I can do 400 acre per tank then.

We ran 5 gpa with a pick up sprayer for a lot off years. Ran residuals with burn down chems at that rate. Really never sprayed glyphosate by itself usually, but would have been comfortable going down to 3 if we were spraying RU alone I think. We definitely were getting better results on contact herbs with less water anytime we did any comparisons. Don't think there was much difference on residuals.

We liked Turbo T Jets with Greenleaf AI bodies for herbicides. We eventually went back to a tractor sprayer. Used the same type of tips, typically the same water volume.

Generally speaking, there may be a difference in things like adjuvants when comparing a ground label to an air label. We used the air label if there was a differentiation. No matter what, I think that getting the correct adjuvant and the correct volume is more important than more water. For herbicides anyway. Generally never used many fungicides, so no opinion there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)