AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sampling for Corn Nematodes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 7/24/2016 19:25 (#5430254)
Subject: Sampling for Corn Nematodes

Coldwater, Michigan
As most of you know I am a crop Consultant. That means among other things Chemical companies occasionally contact me for special projects. A few days ago I was contacted by a company that wants to pull soil/root samples concerning corn nematodes. Within the next 3 weeks they would like to have several thousand samples pulled from the Southern Michigan counties, Counties from the Northeastern Corner of Indiana, and Counties from the Northwestern area of Ohio.

I am looking for growers that raise at least 1000 Acres of Corn, that have a field of at least 100 acres of corn that is easy to access. I would need locations, and phone numbers in order to contact you and qualify whether your location fits the matrix they are looking for.

There will be no charge for me pulling the samples, results would be sent to you on completion of the analysis. We know the broad area has Corn Nematodes, just not the extent, or the particular species. This is to gather information on what extent they are actually in the area, and determining what control measures, if any may be helpful to the growers in this area.

If interested in participating in the project, please contact me at the email listed in my contacts on this site with your name, location and phone number. I will attempt to contact you to set up time frames to be in your fields. We will try to group the areas so we can cover several farms per day.

Thanks for reading this. I hope to see several of you in the next few weeks!

Thanks!

Edited by Bill Moyer 7/25/2016 11:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)