AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

846 Versatile 12 speed low lube pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Super 65
Posted 7/23/2016 21:37 (#5428466 - in reply to #5428309)
Subject: RE: 846 Versatile 12 speed low lube pressure

South Central Kansas
nwksmilo - 7/23/2016 20:27

I thought the old pump was getting weak and I thought that was my problem.  Dealer suggested to replace the pump and said that was not an uncommon failure.  But the new pump is only slightly better.  I just today put the gauge on it, so have been running it with just the idiot light so have been running when cool and had enough pressure to put the light out.

I've had this tractor for about 800 hours and it has always given me the light when under 1500 rpm hot, but it has been requiring more and more rpms to keep the pressure up.  Use to be able to run at 1800 rpm but now have to run full throttle.  Obviously, the pressure is supposed to be over 4psi, but what is the pressure supposed to be?

The drive lug/tappet/adapter that drives the pump looked fine when I had the pump off.   I'm guessing all I could see if I took it apart was a bearing and the end of the shaft.  Could the pump drive adapter be stripped out of the shaft?

If the transmission has not been touched at this point it is time to pull it and rebuild. Not real expensive if all you need are bearings, but if the bottom shaft gets starved for oil then it gets expensive real fast. If the transmission has been rebuilt then it might need to come out and recheck all shafts and bearings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)