AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

moving govt bin with square bale stacker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 7/23/2016 11:09 (#5427325 - in reply to #5427291)
Subject: RE: moving govt bin with square bale stacker

Montana
I had two bins given to me and I was trying to move them or get them moved and had no luck.
Someone told me if I tip them and try to lay the 18 foot bins down they will perhaps squash,
I had a guy who was going to use a crane truck and lift mine to a donahue drill trailer, very low,
He said he would move them and has never returned my call.
I suggest you get a crane truck to lift them to a low ,wide trailer like the Donahue Drill trailer. You can build a 2 by 8 frame to support the bottom on the trailer. Power company should come and lift lines for you and crane truck can move fast to load and unload pretty easy.
If you can get several trailers and haul several at a time, then it would help power company to lift lines and let several through at once.

I talked to a crane truck guy and he said he would put a tire inside and hook to chains or cables and could lift and swing a 18 by 25 foot bin. There were two Bins that he gave me and then when I went to plan again the land owner had built a fancy overhead entry and put only a ten foot gate in a brand new fancy fence.

Sometimes free stuff costs more than buying a new bin.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)