AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saving AutoPilot Settings from One Unit to Another
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 7/18/2016 23:18 (#5419017)
Subject: Saving AutoPilot Settings from One Unit to Another

West-Central IL
I have 2 Trimble AutoPilot systems with FMX's and NAV 2 controllers. I use those 2 autopilot systems in a total of 4 different machines. I always use autopilot set-up #1 in machines 1 & 2 and autopilot set-up #2 in machines 3 & 4. I would like to know how to copy all of my autosteer settings in FMX and Nav #1 set-up into my FMX and Nav set-up #2. (In other words, both autopilot set-ups would have the vehicle profiles and autosteer settings for machines 1, 2, 3, & 4) That way, if during harvest FMX #1 that I use in the combine dies, I could quickly and easily grab FMX #2 and plug it in the combine and all of the settings would be there and ready to go. Likewise, if Nav #1 went dead, I could just install Nav #2 and keep on rolling. No wasted time trying to re-calibrate.

I am pretty sure I did this years ago, but I have since traded machines and have not kept up with the copying of calibrations in one autopilot system into the other autopilot system. It has been long enough that I am pretty much drawing a total blank on how I specifically did it. In general, I would get everything working in machine #1 with autopilot set-up #1 and then install FMX #2 and somehow all of the autopilot settings were in the Nav and I got them copied onto FMX #2. Can anybody walk me thru this process step by step? Am I correct that all of the autosteer settings for each vehicle profile are saved on the FMX? Is there an easier way to do this? Seems like there would be a way to simply copy the vehicle profile with all of the autosteer settings onto the USB stick and then paste it into the other FMX?

Thanks for your help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)