AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hardi sprayer with ag leader control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/26/2016 07:32 (#5376223 - in reply to #5375744)
Subject: RE: hardi sprayer with ag leader control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
kaky9236 - 6/25/2016 20:06

Got the agleader components installed today. Very simple. very easy. Now for setting up the controller in the montitor, anybody have a cheat sheet I could use as far as PWM settings, flow meter cal number(there is no tag on the original hardi flow meter), and other controller setup settings? Thanks. The book doesn't give too much to go on as hardi is kind of an odd ball around here.

I don't have personal experience with the Hardi, but I do remember that many Hardi sprayers use a positive displacement pump which requires that all the flow must go "somewhere". This means that the section valves and control valves split or redirect the flow back to the tank. The flow meter is often located before the section valves so it would be counting the flow where it goes to the ground or back to the tank. This is in contrast to the more common setup where all the flow going through the flow meter is going to the ground.

If the flow meter is located before valves that return unneeded flow back to the tank, the system must factor out the amount of spray returning to the tank. As I recall Ag Leader refers to this as "Calibrated Reflow" or something like that. With this setting in the configuration, the system calculates what it assumes goes back to the tank and reduces the apparent flow accordingly.

For example, suppose you had a four section sprayer with equal width booms. With all booms ON, the flow through the flow meter would be correct as it is all getting to the ground. With one boom off, the spray through that valve returns to the tank but has gone through the flow meter. The "Calibrated Reflow" setup mathematically reduces the flow proportionately so that the applied rate, totals etc. are correct.

If your sprayer is plumbed in that fashion then you need the calibrated reflow setup. Otherwise the standard setup is appropriate. Picking the wrong one will cause much confusion.

The flow meter cal number is the number of pulses produced when 1 unit (gallon in this case) has passed through the flow meter. A tag would sure be handy but this could be determined experimentally. This could be done different ways. I think I would put in what I felt was about 100 gallons of water, pick a meter cal and spray it out. When the water has been sprayed out observe what the Ag Leader has for a total volume reading. Use the Ag Leader reading and compare it to 100 gallons. Try a different meter cal based on the reading and repeat. This should allow you to get in the ballpark fairly quickly.

After that you can make fine adjustments in the meter cal until you are satisfied with the results.

I was thinking that there was a section in my Integra manual for initial settings. I will look when I get to the shop today.

Edited by tedbear 6/26/2016 07:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)