AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on what I need to do
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 6/19/2016 20:12 (#5364648 - in reply to #5363524)
Subject: RE: Opinions on what I need to do

Missouri

It looks like she's running downhill in the pictures, but it appears she runs slightly up hill from her hooks to pins?  If so, correcting this angle of slope to being level or running slightly downward from her hooks to her pins will increase the natural calving ease of her daughters. It'll also lower her tail head and most likely strengthen her top line, which is mostly personal preference, but can increase longevity. Increasing heart girth with a deeper wider chest floor would allow for more internal capacity. Her udder looks functional, but I wouldn't use a line known to increase teat size. A little more set to her rear leg might provide for more flexibility in the hock to absorb shock better, which could allow her to stride out for a few more years on the tail end of her career. Not looking for a dairy type set, just a little more than she has. 

If you meant for the show ring, ignore the above and go deeper and wider in nearly every aspect, especially the rear third and lower quarter. Add some bone, lengthen her front third with a higher neck attachment, and maintain the high tail head and pin set. A deep, soft, boned up, giraffed necked calf would do her some good, if that's what you want.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)