AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hay whores
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 6/17/2016 19:44 (#5361159 - in reply to #5361123)
Subject: RE: Hay whores

Western Iowa
That has been going on here for a while, not square bale guys, but 'desperate' round balers looking for a quick buck.

One local 'legend' here wanders around and cuts just one windrow along a ditch. If he doesn't get chewed out in a week, goes back and gets the last pass or 2 or whatever is left. Bales up a lot of hay that way. Also lots of thistle patches, bottles, cans, wire and branches. Of course this same winner bales up a nice pasture or 2. Come winter sells all the hay as coming off the nice fields, when a lot of it is crap road ditch hay baled in late july or august.

I have some farms with nice ditches. I have those custom baled now, used to do some myself. Not sure it is really worth the effort, but I do have cows and feed it myself. I only do the clean easy ones.

Every time I think the local legend is just a hay thief, I think about all the crap I have found in the ditches, all the stuff that has been broke doing ditches and all the other headaches involved, I am not sure he is really stealing anything........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)