AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tmr's worth the money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tonesaguy
Posted 9/2/2008 14:11 (#449603 - in reply to #449082)
Subject: Re: tmr's worth the money

Chilliwack, British Columbia
I agree with Bernie, it depends. If you are already setup for using one, and are taking the same time to feed now as you would with a TMR wagon, then its almost a no brainer. If you have to do major renovations to your setup to make it work, or would take way longer with a mixer box, then maybe not so. We always had a feed bunk, and wanted to chop our silage round bales and mix with corn silage, so worked really good for us. The top producer in our area, I cannot remember his production numbers right now, but he doesn't breed until the cows are 150+ DIM (heard throught the grapvine, true or not?), he still component feeds and would not change for anything. So a mixer wagon won't necessarily make a huge difference, but the potential is there.

As for price, I have no idea. I do know we paid $50000CDN for a 502cufoot Loewen twin screw vertical 6 years ago, and I think they cost about the same now. Never seen a Patz up close.

Good luck, there are lots of mixer boxes out there to chose from if you decide one would be good for your operation.
Glenn
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)