AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pipeline Repairs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 6/1/2016 22:06 (#5332732)
Subject: Pipeline Repairs

North Central Illinois
Mom has a natural gas pipeline running through a corner of her farm. A fellow from the pipeline company stopped and talked to her this afternoon. Said that they need to excavate and make repairs this summer. I am not sure of the extent of the work that they need to do. What do I need to do to make sure that I am properly compensated for crop damage when the work is being done AND the impacts on subsequent crops? Pipeline rep is supposed to call me tomorrow and their engineers are scheduled to come out next week to survey the area. What questions should I have for them?

The pipeline is a bit of a sore point for me, as there is a 40' wide strip with a lot of clay and baseball sized rocks in an otherwise rock free black 80. I guess they didn't separate the topsoil from the subsoil when they installed those things in the 50's. Dad said that they had a lot of hogs on pasture mysteriously die shortly after the pipeline went in. Turned out the installers coated the pipes with some sort of tar, there ended up being balls of the stuff laying all around the work areas that got mixed with the surface soil and the hogs were eating them. Dad never was satisfied with the compensation for that. Maybe I should ask them to put the rocks back in the bottom of the hole! At least they are going to be doing it during a drier part of the year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)