AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How best to approach pricing of collectable tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

White Workhorse
Posted 5/31/2016 12:16 (#5329947)
Subject: How best to approach pricing of collectable tractors

Sourthern WI
I'm in the process of trying to sell an Oliver 1950 that I restored a few years back and need some suggestions on how approach pricing it. There are very few industrial 1950's out there and it really is a collectors tractor so I've talked to a few guys I know with fairly elaborate collections to get an idea of what they think it's worth. I've gotten some numbers based on what they think it might bring a Mecums but there's the caviot that the yellow ones can be hard to put a value on since just because they are rare, it doesn't mean it's worth more.

At the end of the day, I just want a fair price. I don't want to squeak every last penny out of it. I'd like it gone and the shed space cleared up. So, the way I've been listing it is without a price and telling guys to make me an offer. I've had guys contact me looking for a price and I say to make an offer and never hear back. At the end of the day, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Is this a good approach? My fear is if it put a price on it and am way out of the ball park it's just going to scare away guys that would have given legitimate offers.

I'm just glad this is the only "collectable" tractor I have. With all the stuff I've sold over the years, I've never had to put so much work into trying to sell something.

Edited by White Workhorse 5/31/2016 13:04

(IMG_20160417_152313261.jpg)

(IMG_20160507_200339519.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20160417_152313261.jpg (216KB - 386 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20160507_200339519.jpg (95KB - 385 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)