AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can i use any raven flow meter to replace another?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 5/30/2016 22:44 (#5329272)
Subject: can i use any raven flow meter to replace another?

Manitoba
if spes fall within what I'm applying. went to spray this morning and could not get rate controller to work. Raven SCS 460 NVM controller. I was not getting any volume reading and after going through the trouble shooting guide it left me with my flow meter not giving any signal as turbine spun. Holiday in the USA today so no luck with any tech support and local dealer who deals raven parts not much help as controller is not in their brand sprayer.

not sure what flow meter is on my hagie 2100 as there is no # tag on it but the calibration # in the controller is 720. I have another Raven Flow meter off of a liquid system for liquid fert on a sidedressing rig. it is a 60P (stamped in the side) and its cal # just happens to be 720 as well (this one has the tag on it still. voltage required is the same range and I hooked it up and blew some air through it and it reads it (not sure on accuracy but cal # is the same). I looked online and it indicates 1 - 60 gallons per minute. this 60 p flow meter is quite a bit smaller than the one on my sprayer but with the cal # being the same will it work?

I'm including a pic of both. top one is what was on the sprayer, bottom off the fert rig. I don't know anything about flow meters or if I can switch these 2 so thought I'd throw a question on here so maybe have something to go on tomorrow morning.

thanks.

one last question, I have been using the sprayer to apply liquid fert on my wheat and canola acres this spring and all worked perfectly. finished that up couple weeks ago and this was first day since that to use it. did the fert have something to do with this(28-0-0) or do these meters just die sometimes. I had zero problems with this thing all last year and up till today this year as well. just trying to figure out if it just up and died or if I helped it along with something I was doing.

Edited by Oakwood 5/30/2016 22:49

(flow meter.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments flow meter.JPG (118KB - 71 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)