AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heavy Weights at OK Stockyards
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 5/16/2016 07:39 (#5304298)
Subject: Heavy Weights at OK Stockyards

Missouri

Appreciate Wayne's comments on what I saw Sat afternoon penned at OKS.  Heavy wt feeders in large quantities. I was taught by the old-timers,  to look at OKS Monday's sale for direction for the weeks market around the country. Being a cow calf operator my knowledge of finish cattle is very cosmetic.  It was obvious also that the flint hills were absolutely full of heavy weight steers grazing. Thousands of them, had to be 700 up and its mid May.  So being into numbers I looked at last weeks USDA Summary for OKS.  7,686 Head sold, 1101 Head over #900 or 14% of the run.  967 head steers 134 head heifers.(not sure that means anything)   Average price #1050 $126.37 with the Aug Live Cattle on that date $1.20.  Something tells me I stumbled into raw numbers that could tell a lot. I have not had time to look around and this has probably been studied to death, but I was not aware of it this being tracked. Once again any comments are appreciated. You feeders that run numbers what the break even of 1050# at $126.37? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)