AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Displays to use for manure control, applied map/data
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 5/12/2016 09:47 (#5296984)
Subject: Displays to use for manure control, applied map/data

After having mission control in our 7140 tractor, we went distance and volume (no monitor) last year due to a lot of "unexpecteds". I have a working mojortk system in the tractor so I have steering and a gps source covered. What I'd like to do is find a pretty durable display and interface to the mag meter (pulse/gallon) and flow control (probably solenoids controlling hyd cylinder). I don't need agleader level of data management since it's just and always manure!

My choices I see right now:

1. agleader insight (much cheaper than integra) and direct command - this works, but it's a pile of wiring and modules
2. trimble 250 or 500 with ezboom - I like the direct raven harness connection to the switch box (guidance doesn't get used and I don't know if the displays accept another gps/nema stream)
3. Outback - displays are getting cheaper, but I'll need their spray interface (maybe not so cheap) and does it accept gps from outside?
4. Leica - did the 3D or other displays have application functions?
5. I have an old X10 with the spray interface. the display is iffy so probably not a great option (bought it cheap for no good reason). However are there X15-X20 systems to control and map application that are getting reasonably priced?
6. I know a raven 440 would do the basic job of control with the 4400 adding some mapping functions (I had one for a while, but wasn't the easiest to configure on the fly).
7. Raven displays seem pricey for what they are and, like ag leader, they like lots of nodes/modules.

Any thoughts?

Edit - what about the falcon systems?

Edited by Pat H 5/12/2016 09:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)