AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting Green or Double Crop Beans pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jeff
Posted 5/12/2016 06:37 (#5296610 - in reply to #5296354)
Subject: RE: Planting Green or Double Crop Beans pic

Centralia, MO
Bet you never tried this double crop scenario before............my friend/renter planted a field of first crop beans into cornstalks one spring that had a lot of volunteer corn come up in it, I mean a lot of corn! The field was very clean in the fall except for the volunteer corn. It was planted in 30" rows so he took a JD 3300 with a 3 row corn head and ran thru it, shelled the corn and then came back a few days later and cut the beans. He actually came out of it in pretty good shape but sure did take some ribbing about it that winter!

In your situation, it sure looks like the wheat is going to come off early this year which would be better yet for you. If your combine track will match up I'd think that would be worth a try. Without a doubt you can take more than enough wheat off of it to pay your herbicide bill later on, looks like the wheat is holding down the weeds at this point so you could wait and post it in late June or early July. Your bean yield is probably gonna take a hit but you never know, might be the best beans you raise this year!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)