AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Day three - evening move pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/7/2016 22:36 (#5287995 - in reply to #5286726)
Subject: RE: Day four - another evening move (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

OK, I said I wouldn't post any more rotational move pics...in a separate thread.  But here are a couple from day four move this evening. These are significant because I am moving them faster through larger areas each day leaving longer stubble.  I want to move them through the system faster to graze as much of this first flush of pasture growth before it gets stemmy as possible.

Part of the grass I opened this evening about 8 pm has been a waterway and is more grass than the mix I seeded when I converted this strip from crop land to pasture in 2013.

The cows hear me coming in the Ranger and start moving to the wire, patiently waiting there for the fresh grass they know is coming. You can see the longer stubble left from today's grazing as I adjusted the size of the area open to them.

Here are some day four (of this years rotational grazing) move pics. Note the longer/taller stubble. This won't go to seed right away but will put on some more vegetative growth after being "pruned" back.

This time of year I wish I had more cows in this group.

Edited by Jim 5/7/2016 23:03

(IMG003 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 cows moving toward wire to wait for fresh grass 050716.jpg)

(IMG004 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 moving the wire to leave longer stubble move thru faster 050716.jpg)

(IMG006 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 cows filing into fresh grass after I partially take up yesterdays wire 050716.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG003 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 cows moving toward wire to wait for fresh grass 050716.jpg (80KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments IMG004 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 moving the wire to leave longer stubble move thru faster 050716.jpg (115KB - 75 downloads)
Attachments IMG006 Day 4 of rotational grazing for 2016 cows filing into fresh grass after I partially take up yesterdays wire 050716.jpg (119KB - 90 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)