AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pusher units on case cyclo planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rasor Farms
Posted 5/6/2016 07:52 (#5285542)
Subject: Pusher units on case cyclo planter

southeastern ohio

Anybody have any experience with making pusher units on cyclo planter. that was one of my winter projects this year. Based it on pics from here on Agtalk and other internet pics.
Everything turned out good on the build.
But I have a problem with uneven row spacing (ie 15" spacing), when in the ground. When sitting on concrete, everything is even at 15" apart. But drop it in the ground and start forward and both pusher units lead to the left as much as 3" over. I am assuming it is due to the lead lag of the openers. The units arms are tight (rebushed and new bolts), the unit are not moving side to side, but I think that maybe, that they are leaning from top to bottom, like a motorcycle going around a corner.

Anybody ran into this. I planting notill, which I think is making it worse, I think worked ground might not see the problem.

My current remedy is to mount a front bar and turn the units back to pull units, I have enough room on tongue to do this. Just don't want to, would like to make the pushers work.

A pic should be here, sorry not the best light in barn, it is a 7 row 15" planter 

(CASE PLANTER 2 006.JPG)

(CASE PLANTER 2 002.JPG)

(CASE PLANTER 013.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CASE PLANTER 2 006.JPG (221KB - 158 downloads)
Attachments CASE PLANTER 2 002.JPG (230KB - 165 downloads)
Attachments CASE PLANTER 013.JPG (244KB - 169 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)