AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What kind of margin do I set for buying a field of beans or corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 5/3/2016 06:10 (#5279381 - in reply to #5279215)
Subject: RE: What kind of margin do I set for buying a field of beans or corn.

central - east central Minnesota -

Wicket - 5/2/2016 23:03 I custom farm for a guy that likes selling his own crop but has been getting hosed by a local guy and finally figured it out. Anyway he does not want to do shares or rent his property but would like me to possible buy his crop. He has no equipment, no storage and no connections. Its only 30 acres and its good producing land. But again he just wants it custom done. I would give him going local rate with basis and minus trucking, but is .25 to .50 per bushel extra out of line. Nice guy but I cant do it for cost! Example added- city price is 9.75 for november minus .32 for trucking to the said cities which is now 9.43. Now he has no equipment or ways to get said crop to the cities because as said above No Storage. So what do i offer? Previous guy was $1 under after trucking so does it compute now SRI?

Why doesn't he just contract direct with City or other markets and pay for the custom work and inputs ?
At least I would think you would charge all custom rates and trucking, letting him price his crop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)