AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air purge on tender trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/12/2016 19:05 (#5172035 - in reply to #5171503)
Subject: RE: Air purge on tender trailer

Chebanse, IL.....

Von etal

Here's a couple shots I took recently. Trailer is in shed & has gathered some dust since last summer, but you can see the important things I think.

The compressor is a Puma 12V. They work just fine. They have cut in-cut out switch. Plus they have a master switch on them to kill the power, which we do when parking for extended periods (days). That way if the system develops an air leak, your compressor won't come on & kill the batteries trying to compress. Otherwise, the compressor does just fine on the trailer & truck batteries for the entire day without the truck even running. Trailer has it's own battery that is charged by both the Honda pump engine & a +12V wire off the 7 pin from the truck.

I'll go out to the shed tomorrow & get a couple of photos of the check valve system. I don't have one of those photos presently.

Von, unless this is an unusually large O2 bottle, I'm not sure you'd get a full days use out of it. Maybe you would. The LP bottles are much lighter & would certainly hold more cu ft. Keep in mind, the O2 bottle is made to hold 2-3000# of pressure, while the LP tank is probably tested to 300#. Not sure about that though. I'm sure a local LP dealer would sell/give you one. You need to modify the valve threads so  you can use standard NPT fittings. That same LP dealer should have, or be able to get you that fitting ASAP.

Cliff, I'm not sure how many times I could blow out our hoses if I had no refill method. I have to confess, we're usually not too conservative since the compressor does a fine job of re-pressurizing the system again.

I caution anyone doing these "blow out" routines needs to be careful & not open air valves too quickly. Pushing big hoses full of water can find the weak spots in your plumbing systems quickly. So, go easy until you're sure that water is just about out of the hose. Then, keep in mind you need to have sufficient spray tank room to clear the hose out also. Our 3" hose pushes about another 25 gal into the spray tank it seems.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)