AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking Hytran Oil Sample from 225 CVT Magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

olivetroad
Posted 3/12/2016 06:46 (#5170751 - in reply to #5170733)
Subject: RE: Taking Hytran Oil Sample from 225 CVT Magnum

Kingdom of Callaway - Fulton, Mo 65251
TurnbullFarms - 3/12/2016 06:32

As part of preventative maintenance I want to take an oil sample out of my 225 CVT Magnum (oil sample is cheaper than a new CVT). Dealer has a kit to suck oil from the top, and that's what you need to do to. Our older MX220 has a dip stick that you just stick the hose down the pipe and suck it up, the CVT doesn't, or at least I cant find it, only the sight glass. How does one get a sample from the transmission/hydraulic reservoir?

I see there are a few plugged up holes in the rear end housing around the hydraulics, could one just pop one of those plugs out and take it from there, is there a breather cap under the cab? Other thought I had was get a clean pail and a hydraulic hose with no end on it, just do a quick blast into that and sample from it.  That's the way we do it, as someone else says on here - your results may vary!

TIA

We sample trans/hydraulic fluid through the hyd couplers. Take a hose end fitting and screw it onto a short piece of pipe, then a 90, then a longer piece of pipe that reaches down close to the floor. Rest the pipe on the side of the drawbar, with a empty gallon container on the floor that the pipe fits in. Lay a towel around the top of the jug and bungee strap the pipe to the drawbar so it doesn't flop around. Then just feather that hyd valve in the cab and get your sample. Works good if you are by yourself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)