AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Preemerge bracket for planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/9/2016 07:34 (#5164963 - in reply to #5164521)
Subject: RE: Preemerge bracket for planter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Phatfarmer - 3/8/2016 20:34

I've seen the ones in shoup. Deere has a factory add on, but I really thought there used to be a simple single bolt-on design for one years ago. It was made out of something that looked like an electric fence post that your nozzle fastened to in the back. Anybody know what I'm talking about and where to find them?

I got mine from L&D Ag in Hartland Mn where I used to work. There are different styles depending on the planter. In my case, I have a Deere planter with regular boxes and the old side fenders. The style I used required drilling two holes in the side fenders. An adjustable rod was used to adjust the height that the spray tip was above ground.

I use a smaller flood type tip where I have the tip set to spray back rather than down. This allows me to have the tips mounted quite close to the ground which helps minimize the effects of wind. To get good coverage with regular tips pointing down required them to be mounted quite high above the ground. The pattern was much more subject to wind at that height.

I believe they have some different styles for the CCS planters with the mini-boxes.

Edited by tedbear 3/9/2016 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)