AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anything positive in last year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 3/7/2016 07:48 (#5160737 - in reply to #5159634)
Subject: RE: Anything positive in last year?

You might not be in a bad position if your neighborhood looks anything like this one. There are no full-time farmers under 50 years of age around here. A lot of guys are approaching social security age with very few in position to take over. You don't have to have the newest equipment but keep everything looking good. Mow the roadsides, cut the weeds and keep the trees out of the ditches. Interest rates are low enough that if you can find something with ROI it might be worth buying. Crop insurance is a good safety net but don't depend on it. Do not let the current election get you down since no matter who is elected president, the House and Senate will have to approve any nutty idea these characters come up with. Few of the leading candidates were well liked by Congress. Go figure. Both corn and beans continue to go up in yield and can now survive some very difficult weather conditions. Equipment is built better and for the first time, I never had to stop during harvest to fix anything. Now that I've cursed myself next year everything will fall apart. But the future looks bright.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)