AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two charts to share
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 2/27/2016 17:20 (#5141300 - in reply to #5141233)
Subject: RE:The problem with predicting the future is ...

1234 - 2/27/2016 15:24 The problem with predicting the future is: " you don't know what will happen." I'm just saying that if the major parameters, Brazil's (South American) production and our planted acres (83 million) are priced into the market (along with all the other macroeconomic factors) then maybe, just maybe the market thinks that $8.80 to $8.90 is the current thinking for new crop. Does anyone know if we're ahead or behind for soybean grind? I think exports are pretty much as predicted but I haven't really checked.

That's right.  You never know what the event  will be, but just because the event is bigger - does not translate to a bigger move in the market.  IMHO, concentrating on the event is a waste of time, since it is unpredictable, for most of us - uncontrollable -  and by the time you figure out what it is, it's too late anyway.  Instead, worry about what the event has to work with.. Unfortunately, most worry about the "what" instead of "how" ..It's still a tough gig, but $5 corn is $5 corn, regardless of whether it was a drought, flood, or demand that gets the credit.. JMHO

Edited by jpartner 2/27/2016 17:25

(normalized corn.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments normalized corn.png (32KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)