AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Market Futures DOWN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/11/2016 08:08 (#5103479 - in reply to #5103440)
Subject: RE: Stock Market Futures DOWN

Where is the consumer money going to come from? I agree that there could be a big buying event in the stock market, but the players are getting down to just the wealthy.

Retirement plans are sending less dollars as underemployment stays in place. The constant lie being told about employment is treasonous. In the 80's we had near full employment. At the time a coworker of mine suggested that 5% of the country's population is nuts and with real employment at 4.5%. So, that meant 1/2% of crazy people were working and he was sure they were all at our company (he may have been right). Fast forward to now and half the country is not working. I do think there are jobs available, but we have "fed the bears" long enough that they are not interested in getting away from the gov't hand out. While the hand out is generous, it's not enough to fund wall street like real jobs do.

Until we have an election of an administration that stops changing the rules there is zero hope of any improvement. Even in the small world of hog production, the EPA just can't leave it to states to regulate their own industry. There is constant pressure for additional permitting and regulation. Problems (or even changes to business as usual) that previously involved some changes and some paperwork will become million dollar fine events. There has been the typical rush to construct before new rules take effect, but after rules (and the subsequent changes) the industry ends up in the coal power camp along with lots of other industries. I'm afraid without a massive bacon revolt with folks armed with torches and pitchforks marching on the EPA, little will make it change.

Edited by Pat H 2/11/2016 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)