AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally have a Raspberry Pi up and running
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 2/12/2016 10:50 (#5106446 - in reply to #5103131)
Subject: RE: Finally have a Raspberry Pi up and running

Bremen, KS
Python should be well supported on the Pi as it is one of the target languages. There are the compiled languages as well, C, C++, etc. For external control, the Wiring Pi library is a Python library for accessing the GPIO pins.

I used WeeWX with my Davis weather station and one of the Pis I have until the frequent database writes corrupted the SD card. I had been using a USB hard drive before that but had lockups about once every seven days like clockwork. I now run WeeWX on my desktop computer and the Pi sits waiting for its next purpose. I have another Pi that is running an amateur radio data relay program (APRX for APRS) out in the old free stall barn. I have network connectivity to it so it also acts as an Internet gateway for local APRS traffic. I use it in headless mode, meaning no monitor or keyboard attached so my only access is over the network via SSH.

An idea I had a few years back was to use the Pi to control a board that would control some old Alliance U-100/U-110 TV antenna rotors for azimuth and elevation for low earth orbit satellite antenna tracking. So far it's still just an idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)