AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High hp tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

reedfarmer
Posted 2/7/2016 20:57 (#5095350 - in reply to #5094390)
Subject: RE: High hp tractor

Eastern Arkansas
I have a 2015 versatile 575. It have been running it on dirt pans, got it in June and have put 1300 hrs on it. I also have a 9510r.

I wish I had another versatile. The versatile rides better, has a lot more power, and has given less trouble. I have never been down for more than 24 hours with it. I have had a few small problems that were quickly cured and the air conditioner is a little weak on a very hot day. Other than that, no complaints.

The driver on it is my main operator. He started working for my grandfather in the 60's. He has the choice of any tractor on the farm. After a couple hours in the Deere he wanted his versatile back.

The big versatiles have the same cummins that the big deeres have. They have the same caterpillar power shift that is in the big challenger tractors. It is the best motor/trans combo that you can get in a big tractor period.

It has outboard planateries instead of bar axles. This makes changing wheel spacing very difficult but that should not matter on a big 4wd. If you have ever had an internal planatery let go on a big tractor you will want outboard planateries. They dump all of there shavings in the rear end and take a lot with them when they go, lots of money and a lot of time in the shop to fix. If an outboard planatery lets go, you just put a new one on, it's an hour fix in the field.

Also with the lease rate versatile is offering, you can lease one for less $ per hour than you could ever could even owning a newer Deere.

Every other tractor I have is a Deere and I like them but there 4wd's in a high HP application cannot compare to versatiles as far as I am concerned.

Edited by reedfarmer 2/7/2016 20:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)