AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E & E continued.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 2/6/2016 10:06 (#5091952 - in reply to #5090683)
Subject: RE: E & E continued.

Buxton ND
1234 - 2/5/2016 18:04

Ethanol Insider, Sat and everybody else who argues that we should just sit by and let the RFS go:

This whole discussion is absolutely ridiculous and absurd. Why, I'll tell you why. Since 1916, for a hundred years the oil industry has had net positive money transfers from the Federal and State government to their bank accounts. Not just tax exemption and favorable depreciations not available to you or I, but actual money transfers above costs. And it's not just little dab. A substantial portion of the national debt can be attributed to the pliferage of one of the most lucrative businesses in the history of the world, the petroleum industry.
This whole argument that because you have a mandate it is somehow unfair is just stupid on its face. It is an argument being put up by people who quite literally have a licence to steal given to them by Congress.
The idea that you will willing give up a mandate that sunsets in 2022, just six years and give the competitive advantage to an industry that has had billions if not trillions in actual subsidies for going on a hundred years strikes me as lunacy.

By the way, you do understand that a "depletion allowance" is not an exemption or deduction but a different animal completely. It is an "entitlement" with a different name.

I do not argue either way on the RFSA whether it should stay or go ( I AM ALL FOR IT) it is what it is. We have those on the "Hill" that want to kill the E-mandate ,,, not alot of difference then those that want to ax our crop insurance program. My understand this ax was pretty dam close last December. The trouble here is AG in united in fighting for crop insurance, this IS NOT the cause with ethanol guys.

I look at E plant margins/production/stocks/ZE/ERB spreads.
This spread closed at .45 plus E on Friday, a level never seen since prior in this E-Boom years.
The last couple of weeks E-stocks have been on a sharp rise, very near record levels. IDK but thinking kinda tough to get more from your Alcohol when stocks are really high and its MORE then just a normal seasonal build. YES we have exports of,,, here to I do not believe any ethanol plants or groups of have control over these import/export terminals.

Now here's the part your NOT going to like by law,,, EPA's law,,, NOTHING to do with the RFSA,,, ALCOHOL MUST be blended at 5.6% MINIMUM oxygenate rate. This was researched a few years back by old 48 in Ag Web. Current blend is 9.75% give or take. Some say the RFSA makes no difference, some say it does, I just say 5.6% is ALOT OF CORN compared to 9.75%*****

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)