AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disappointed in sukup quality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 2/5/2016 18:11 (#5090700 - in reply to #5090458)
Subject: RE: Disappointed in sukup quality

We always liked our GSI stuff better than Sukup but it was always little things. As long as price was close, we would always choose GSI. This fall we replaced a centrifugal fan and Sukup was quite a bit cheaper. I was extremely unimpressed. There were some dents but that could be blamed on shipping or dealer handling. The big isssue was the fan. It was spinning because of the wind and I noticed how much it wobbled. We put a dial indicator on it on the face of the fan and it had 3/4" of run out. Put it on the outside edge of the circle and it was just under a 1/2" out. Called Sukup, the guy asked me what the problem is, I explained it what it was doing. He said its impossible to get the round drum perfectly true because of it warping and moving when they weld on it. Then he asked me if it was vibrating or what problem it was actually causing. Of course, I hadn't hooked it up because I assumed it was junk and I needed a new one. He said they balance them after being welded, and as long as its not vibrating, it will cause no problems. I questioned how it could be good for the motor with the drum being 1/2" out of round and 3/4" of movement side to side. He assured me that if it was running smooth, it was no different than if it was a perfect circle. He may be right but it sure looks bad. I didnt figure Id get anywhere with the dealer so didnt even call him. We needed the fan and couldnt wait to get a new one or keep arguing with them so we installed it. It does run fine with no vibration so it will probably be fine. Im pretty sure it is the last Sukup equipment we buy for a while. Not only was I unimpressed with the quality but the guy I talked to didnt impress me either. Ill also say, Ive never really inspected any of our other fans so maybe they are all that way but I doubt it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)