AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ubiquiti nonostation M2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/29/2016 13:06 (#5072693 - in reply to #5072459)
Subject: RE: Ubiquiti nonostation M2

Southeast Wyoming

golfnut - 1/29/2016 10:28

If you have to use 2.4ghz NanoStation M2 units are still a good choice.  I've migrated a lot of my stuff to 5ghz where I have good line of site and used a lots of NanoBeam M5-16 units.  I think I have 8 of them on my network.  What are you trying to accomplish?  What's the distance?  How is the line of site?  Can you get higher to get over the stuff?

I just set up a link yesterday that goes 5 miles with a NanoStation M5 to a Rocket 5 with a sector antenna.....link is very slow but I have a PowerBeam coming to replace the nanostation with.

I told my wife last night that I would like to upgrade all my stuff to the new AC line of products.  Only 5ghz is available but it is WAY faster. 

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=596568&posts=2#M4945578 

I am wanting to push wifi from the red dot at 218 to the green dot at 219.

Line of sight is not great unless I get above trees at 218 forty or fifty feet to also get line of sight over the slope change from 218 to edge of ridge about half way in between, (blue dot area).

Is this the PowerBeam you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-PBE-5AC-500-US-or-NBE-M5AC-500/dp/B00N9ZIFJG 

Is the Rocket 5 the one other customers bought suggestion?  The purpose of that is to "spread out" the signal around the base station, is that correct?

I like the idea of 5ghz but thought maybe I could overcome the trees and hill with 2.4ghz.  I am always interested in advise.

I see Amazon also has NanoBeam units at a lower price but are they as effective?

If I had two of the PowerBeam units, or any of the units for that matter, will the network function by attaching one to my dual band Linksys01158 router here at the red dot and one to my dual band Linksys WRT1900AC router at the green dot?

Thank you for any help.

(I bought some old 2.4ghz directional beam antennas several years ago but I never lined up the proper cables to connect them to the routers.  The young friend I had hoped would help experiment with them got sick and passed away.  The project got put on hold but I still want to get internet to the other house.)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)