AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Target date to sell rice to China is late spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jblands
Posted 1/26/2016 11:43 (#5065315 - in reply to #5064388)
Subject: RE: Target date to sell rice to China is late spring

Quality has been an issue with hybrids in the past. Texas gives a premium for conventional over hybrid. USA Rice has done several surveys in the Chinese market over the past few years. They said when given a choice, the Chinese consumer always chose US rice over rice they currently consume. Only certain varieties of rice were test and I don't think hybrid was one. The mills that sell to China will have to meet strict requirements from China. They only want high quality rice. Chris Crutchfield, president of American Commodity Company, stated that this agreement contains the strictest protocols that exist in any rice agreement with other countries. Only certain mills will qualify to export rice to China. They will be very picky about what they buy but it is a start. China could buy a very small percent of their production from us and it would mean a very large export business for the US rice industry. Cautiously optimistic about the future with China.

Iraq is a lost cause when it comes to selling rice. We will be the country of last resort when it comes to them buying rice. I still have hope for Cuba. I do not like the Castros but it is insane for us not to trade with them. The best way to bring freedom to Cuba is to normalize relations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)