AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic fluid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PETERSON PERFORMANCE
Posted 1/12/2016 23:46 (#5032121 - in reply to #5031890)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic fluid?

SESD
I don't remember all the additives off hand, it was on a MSDS sheet I was reading awhile back. Showed independent studies of Hy-Tran vs. Hy-Guard vs. a ton of Brand X oils. And the numbers were incredible on these studies. I am a firm believer in John Deere gets Hy guard and IH gets Hy Tran. Have seen way to many failures on tractors running cheap oils. Used to think it was just a fluke deal, anymore if I have a tractor come in for major repairs internally it usually has run cheaper oils. This has happened to many times to just be a fluke, don't get me wrong they all can break and all have there faults, and some of these tractors have been used and abused and the next one babied its whole life, just stating what I have noticed going in and out of my shop. Just my two cents!

Also if a customer wants brand x oil back in there tractor that's what it gets, it really makes no difference to me what anyone is using, but our personal equipment gets OEM oil. I am by no means trying to degrade anyone for using a certain brand of oil, to each their own, just giving my opinion based on my experience! Take it or leave it. I will try to find that sheet and scan it and post it on here, interesting none the less.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)