AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall planted wheat behind a Dual application on corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 1/3/2016 07:47 (#5006917)
Subject: Fall planted wheat behind a Dual application on corn

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan

I'm finally jumping on board to spray my corn earlier.  

I've been able to get by with just glyphosate in one application with my 15 inch row corn to have a clean field at harvest.  Provided I wait long enough to do it a maximum day length before crop canopy closure.   But everything I read is telling me those small weeds are taking yield away.  So I'm going to spray earlier this coming year, and I fear I'm going to have a second flush of weeds and grasses germinate before I get crop canopy closure.

My question.... how much S-metolachlor would I have to use to keep my corn field clean until crop canopy closure?  I would be putting the S-metolachlor in a tank mix with some glyphosate and atrazine.  This would be in a post application when the corn is only about 6 inches tall or so.   Should I be able to get by with a little less S-metolachlor, if I'm applying it as a post application to only take care of what wants to germinate after the post application?  

We quite often plant wheat in the fall behind corn that has been chopped for silage.  I see S-metolachlor has a recommendation of 4 months between application in corn and the planting of wheat.  It's unlikely I would have a full 4 months between spraying the corn and planting the wheat.  How concerned should I be if it's only three to three-and-a-half months?   Perhaps if I can get by with a little less than full rate of S-metolachlor I shouldn't expect damage to the wheat.

thanks for all replies,  gordon 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)