AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mindeere
Posted 1/2/2016 17:03 (#5005843 - in reply to #5004998)
Subject: RE: Smartstax w/capture on bean stubble

SW Minnesota
I am not getting any benefit on a SS out of Capture (actually a generic bifethrin) where I have done tests for yield. Plant health side by side doesn't show up noticeable. First year doing it, will do some more next year. This year was a 220-230 yield environment planted at 33,500. During the growing season (I believe it was June?) we had a major wind event and I only had one hybrid that had any issues with it, and I knew the risk in planting that hybrid, and it took about 8,000 out of the stand. At harvest we had multiple additional wind events and had a few more hybrids have some issues after they were ready for harvest. Nothing major at this point, nothing that created any harvesting issues, but some laid over plants. We had Smartboxes on our previous planter, and I had some data that showed response with Aztec and Smart Choice, but we were running at lot more double pros at that time. We didn't put Smartboxes on our current planter because it gets very expensive cost per acre to use the product, and the response just didn't justify the cost here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)