AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trading Ram Trucks - cost per mile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 12/31/2015 11:44 (#5000352 - in reply to #5000116)
Subject: RE: Trading Ram Trucks - cost per mile

I Was wondering that myself! LOL I will start over again looking closer at the numbers you gave. I completely missed the fact that you owed less than you initially did. I am sure I did include some cost for oil changes etc. Plus I am sure I figured some interest in there and cost of additional licence plate. I also assumed you payment schedule would not be extended.
When you purchased it new you paid $5,000 down which left a balance of $48300. I am going to assume you will start another 60 months of payments. Since you now owe $41120 I am assuming you have made some payments on it. Leaving the interest out That means you have paid an additional $7180 to own it.
Just a simple way would be to say that you paid the 7180 plus the $6100 boot money to be back to owning a new pickup with 60 months payments left. (Square one). Here sales tax would be another 7% so $427+$6100+ $7180 = $13707 I am sure if you built equity your payments made would actually be a little more that the $7180 I am going to rough guess it at around $500. So $13707 + $500 =$ 14207. $14207 divided by 26,000 miles is 55 cents per mile roughly.
Of course many assumptions made here, any of which could be wrong, so these figures are worth the paper they are written on. Also it appears I am having an "off" day so it may be a good thing these electrons get recycled!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)