AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford F250 or F550
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DieselDennis
Posted 12/31/2015 00:02 (#4999476 - in reply to #4999300)
Subject: RE: Ford F250 or F550

Brandon, MS
Any cab & chassis from Ford model has a derated diesel engine. I suppose that they figure these are the trucks that will live their life closer to max GVW (loaded heavier), and when they get between a rock & and a hard place fully loaded, they don't want to snap a yoke on the drive shaft quite so easy. Could also be that they figure the buyers of the cab & chassis trucks are mostly businesses. And the business owners are more interested in a truck that runs vs. a truck that had a good 0-60 time from a red light.

Back to the discussion, I would go with an F350 cab & chassis with whatever bed you would like to put on it. Have had four in a row.

Check my facts, but I believe the F550 is overkill unless you are wanting the truck to physically carry a heavy load. Last time I checked, the F450 & F550 had the same specs except for GVW and rear axle & springs. They had the same GCVW rating with similar rear end ratios. So unless you want to put a 20' van body on it and load it full of lead, then the F450 is all anyone needs to pull a trailer.

Edited by DieselDennis 12/31/2015 00:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)