AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warrant vs generic dual?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

case30
Posted 12/23/2015 22:10 (#4982943 - in reply to #4982140)
Subject: RE: Warrant vs generic dual?

South Dakota
17821x - 12/23/2015 18:25

Below is a snapshot of Iowa State's 2015 Herbicide Manual. They lump Dual and Warrant in the same category so they must think the control is exactly the same. Personally I think generic Dual is one of the best buys for pre in front of both corn and beans. I'd go with 1.5 pints of generic Dual per acre and that would cost about $5.60 per acre.

I am glad you brought this point up. I used to hold Iowa State in high regard but as time goes on it is surprising to me how incredibly lazy and sloppy they are in composing said herbicide guides. DIMETH, METALOCHLOR, & ZIDUA might all be group 15's but they are different chemicals and behave and have different effectiveness based on weed species and rainfall and they should never be just lumped in the same group in a herbicide guide.

I have seen the best results with Outlook post applied with flexstar GT. If price point is the only deciding factor then Dual is certainly the winner. Consistent performance does not seem to happen much with the encapsulated acetochlor products.

Edited by case30 12/23/2015 22:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)