AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holiday goodies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 12/14/2015 23:50 (#4960590 - in reply to #4960373)
Subject: RE: Holiday goodies

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
1. Divinity-my mother used to make a batch every year for Christmas. that tradition stopped when my folks started spending their winters in Arizona, over 25 years ago. Then about 12-15 years ago, was eating noon lunch at the local bowling alley with the regular crowd, and in came local lady named Elsie (The kind of lady everyone around knows and respects for everything which she has done for the community) with a plate full of divinity, to be passed around for dessert. It tasted just like what my Mom used to make, so I sat down that night and wrote her a thank you note. The next 2 or 3 Decembers after that, one way or another, Elsie would track me down and give me a plate of divinity.

2. Fudge-I can't remember exactly when it began (best guess sometime during the 1980's) the wife of a good friend and veterinary client at the time would call me up and say "I have a plate of fudge out here with your name on it". The last 20 years or so that means to stop out at Roger and Opal's house about 2:30 p.m., have a Dr. Pepper, sample some of her Christmas cookies and fudge, catch up on all the news, and then leave with a paper plate full of the world's best tasting fudge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)